I configured a Citrix Storefront 2.6 site for a customer and had to make some modifications in the web.config file. I ran into this little nifty tool which has a great GUI interface into the web.config. The tool offers a GUI to ease configuration of the StoreFront 1.2/2.0/2.1/2.5/2.6 “Receiver for Web”.
However, after editing the web.config file through the GUI tool and saving the result, I ran into an error trying to start a published desktop on the Storefront site (internally and externally).
Searching online for a solution I ran into a lot of forum posts which pointed toward wrongly configured STA’s. But my STA was properly configured. Even creating a new Storefront site didn’t solve the matter.
Just before I decided to wiped the installation and redo the whole Storefront configuration I gave it one last attempt, which was ‘Generate Security Keys’. And voila, I could start my published apps again.